The Certificate of Registration of Citizen of the European Union must be requested by any citizen of the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Andorra and Switzerland, wishing to remain in Portugal for a period exceeding three months.
Citizens of other countries should contact Serviço de Estrangeiros e Fronteiras (SEF) (Foreigners and Border Service).
Who can apply:
Requests concerning the Certificate of Citizen of the European Union can be requested by citizens of the following countries: Germany, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Denmark, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Czech Republic, United Kingdom, Romania, Sweden, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Andorra and Switzerland.
You can make the request to the Lisbon City Hall, in person, by completing the statement and delivering the necessary documents.
• Sworn statement http://www.cm-lisboa.pt/fileadmin/templates/img/SOCIAL_Mod2_EN.pdf • Valid identity card/passport • Copy of the birth certificate or similar document proving the relationship degree (for minors) • Proof of address of residence in Lisbon (for minors not accompanied by the parents)
• First issuance/Change of data/Renewal: € 15
• Loss/Theft/Damage: € 25
• Children under 6 (First issuance/Change of data/Renewal): €7,50
• Children under 6 (Loss/Theft/Damage): €17,50
• Underage students coming to study in Portugal: € 15