D2 Visa – Residence Visa for the exercise of independent professional activity or for entrepreneurial immigrants
Eligible citizens: All foreign nationals who are not nationals of EU Member States, the European Economic Area or Switzerland, and wish to pursue an independent activity or invest in Portugal.
PLEASE NOTICE THAT THIS VISA IS FOR THE ONES WHO WANT TO SET UP A BUSINESS OR ENROL AS A FREELANCER IN PORTUGAL
To have your visa issued, you will be requested to present:
1. Application form;
2. Passport or other valid travel document;
3. Two identical photos (passport size);
4. Flight ticket;
5. Valid travel insurance, which can cover the expenses necessary for medical reasons, including urgent medical assistance and possible repatriation;
6. Form allowing the Portuguese authorities to check your Criminal Record in Portugal;
7. Criminal record certificate from the country of origin or the country where the applicant resided for more than one year;
8. Proof of accommodation in Portugal;
9. Proof of means of subsistence.
For independent professional activity:
10. Society Agreement or proposal /contract for services with a Portuguese company/ registration as a Freelancer;
11. When applicable, a statement issued by the competent authority to verify the professional requirements that, in Portugal, may be subject to special qualifications.
12. Declaration that you made or intend to make an investment operation in Portugal, with the indication of the nature, amount and duration;
13. Proof of having funds available in Portugal, including those obtained from a financial institution in Portugal, and the intention to carry out an intention to invest in Portuguese territory properly described and identified.
MANDATORY: To prove your intention to invest in Portugal you must have the company already incorporated in Portugal and present some detail of your project as a business plan along with your CV, proof of experience in the field, and prove the economic and social relevance of the project (job creation, innovation, etc.). In addition, you must prove that you have financial means in Portugal for the investment operation, with deposit in the bank account of the company in Portugal, in an amount appropriate to the business you intend to open and which is advised in the order of € 5,000.
If you want our assistance to apply for this visa, please contact us.